Posts Tagged tips
It is difficult to eat healthy with all the awesomely delicious restaurants out there so here are some tips to help keep you on the straight and narrow.
1. Skip the complimentary bread
2 Drink water not alcohol , soda or other sugary drinks
3. Order sauces and salad dressings on the side and ad to food sparingly
4. When eating pizza, order a thin crust instead of deep-dish and hand tossed thick crusts
5. When eating pasta ask for a lunch portion and order red sauces without meat
6. For Mexican food, choose corn instead of flour for less calories and more fiber, also swap rice for veggies whenever possible
7. Steaks, order lean pieces 3 oz. think the size of a deck of cards or bar of soap for example
Practicing all these tips should help cut calories the next time you dine out. In addition to these tips, ask for a “to go” box when your meal arrives and portion half of your entreé into the box before you start eating. You’ll cut calories and save money when you eat the other half of your dinner the next day.
DO START OFF MODERATELY
Work your way into a routine. Going overboard after a long break from exercise may result in injury, or at least disappointment. Your workout shouldn’t do either, so build up from a moderate beginning. Read the rest of this entry »